Original topic:

FULL SCREEN ASPECT RATIO NOT WORKING

(Topic created: 11-19-2022 09:49 PM)
capbdpra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Previously my experience was that when I watched video using any app, by default the entire screen of the S22 would be filled.

In the Display setting called Full Screen apps, currently there are only 2 apps listed (Amazon Drive and Netflix) to enable/disable Full Screen Aspect Ratio.

With apps like Paramount+, Fox Sports and Spectrum TV for example, the videos come up with the black bars on the left and right, and your are not able pinch to zoom in and get the video to fill the screen.

Youtube does allow pinch and zoom in to fill the screen.

Also, the Full Screen Apps screen should have at the bottom 2 tabs to switch between Aspect Ratio and Camera Cut Out, but on my phone those 2 tabs are not present.

Currently the software is updated to One UI 5 and Android 13

2 factory resets failed to resolve the problem and per Samsung Technical Support I took the phone to Best Buy and they could not find anything wrong with the phone.

I will be returning to Best Buy and proceed to reimage the phone.

Any thoughts on this glitch?

Thank you!
0 Likes
22 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Paramount+ pinch outwards to get full screen not in this works with most not all like Spectrum you cannot
capbdpra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you
Options
Galaxy S22
Your welcome hope it worked for you
0 Likes
DonnyCash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem with the useful feature under the video. Your watch a video on the Samsung browser and you see the enhanced video features stretch cropped to screen and full screen only. The fullscreen gives half of the video your watching
0 Likes
capbdpra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Can you confirm if what you experience with another video on another app?

Thank you!
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Same thing happens with Disney. Have to zoom to get full screen. Dwindling app dependant.
capbdpra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Lots of the full screen apps have been removed as options for some reason. Before I could tap a tab at the bottom of the screen to see the rest of my apps. Am I missing something?
capbdpra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It is still not clear what apps should be appearing under Full Screen Apps.
I checked out an S22 at Best Buy, and only 2 apps were listed. There was a Samsung Rep at Best Buy, and on his Z Fold the Full Screen Apps listed all the apps just as they do under Camera Cutout. Do you still have the 2 tabs at the bottom of the screen? My phone does not, and the tech I spoke with over the phone stated that on her simulator, no tabs were present. Of course, this is not an issue, but it does seem to be another symptom of the glitch?
0 Likes