JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

File Transfer Slow on Large Files

(Topic created: 03-27-2022 10:32 AM)
userIT5h35ShKg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

We traded in our GalaxyS7 (AT&T) phones for GalaxyS22 (AT&T) phones, and one of the things I backed up was my old phone's pictures, so I prep them for a manual transfer to the new phone, yet I ran into a quirk of the new phone. When trying to transfer large files of a certain size, the process halts, and my desktop gives me the default asterisk sound as if i can't do the thing. Sometimes if the file is a bit large but small enough, it'll go through, but if I try something like a 100MB range file, it'll outright refuse to bring it on, period. and I didnt use smart switch to transfer old phone stuff to my new phone, im more of a manual do-it-myself type of guy, so for me to see this when I really shouldnt.....puzzling

I restarted/power off'd the phone multiple times thinking that's all it needed, nope, slowdown still happens. Now it doesn't give me the slow if I download large capacity files straight from my phone, but Desktop > BIGFILE Transfer > Phone is a nono. Is this something I can fix up myself without taking it to an at&t person, or somehow factory resetting our phone, because the nearest AT&T person is next town over, and gas prices as they are, make that non-viable unless we're going shopping for supplies we can't grab in-town

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userIT5h35ShKg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

there is no need anymore. The culprit was a combo of my main USB-C cable I use to charge my phone, and the front USB ports on my desktop being faulty due to age, fair few in-town power outages/surges, and other things. Switching USB ports or using a different cable on my front usb ports did the trick, but it only exemplifies my want/need for a new computer, which these days is a very pricy endeavor no matter how I squeeze it

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
If you still have the files on your old phone, try using Smart Switch. I transferred 50gb worth of photos and videos in 9 minutes using the wireless method.
0 Likes
Solution
userIT5h35ShKg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

there is no need anymore. The culprit was a combo of my main USB-C cable I use to charge my phone, and the front USB ports on my desktop being faulty due to age, fair few in-town power outages/surges, and other things. Switching USB ports or using a different cable on my front usb ports did the trick, but it only exemplifies my want/need for a new computer, which these days is a very pricy endeavor no matter how I squeeze it

0 Likes