JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, At this time, We can only recommend submitting an error report through the Samsung members application. 

With the phone being used with a third-party device (This being the multiple car stereo systems connecting) It will be hard to narrow down exactly where the issue lies. 

As long as the software is up to date on your phone, the only other option we have outside of submitting an error report is to reach out to the manufacturer of your car to see if there happens to be a Bluetooth update for your system. 

Submitting an Error Report:

1.  Launch the Samsung Members app.
  2.  Tap on "Get help."
  3. Scroll down the screen and select Error Reports.
  4.  Choose a category below.
  5.  Tap on Frequency.
  6.  Choose between Once, Often, or Sometimes.
  7. Once the Error Report has been sent, you will be able to review your feedback.

View solution in context

203 Replies
LexieHall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
What specifically are you trying to connect? Is it android auto? If you have had the issue with poor connectivity with two devices but the same vehicle it may not be your phones but the vehicle itself.

Attempt to connect to another car if available. Or go to your closest Toyota dealer and let them know of the concern with poor connectivity. Depending on the year of your vehicle you may still be under factory warranty and that may be a warrantible item.

If it is android auto you may need to use a hard connection through USB and see if your usage works better, some phone updates have disrupted the ability to connect wirelessly to cars.
0 Likes
Carlex314
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Have you tried resetting your cars settings. I was having the same issue with my ford and worked after i  did a full car audio/bluetooh reset. i then paired everything like new and worked. 

0 Likes
ari2022
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the exact same problem!
user5Xuo15mQYg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So I've just received my S22 ultra and I'm having problems with the Bluetooth in my car. It connects OK but when I'm on a call it keeps going back to the phone approximately for 30 seconds then back to Bluetooth again. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing and I've connected my husbands huawei and this doesn't happen at all. 

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

reproduce the issue and immediately submit error report to samsung members app > get help > error report (of course, check while parked :P)

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be for the Bluetooth on your car's audio system to not pair with your phone properly and would be happy to look into this further for you.

Are you trying to pair your device using Android Auto?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Have you verified the compatibility between your car's audio system and the S22?

Have you checked for an update on the car's audio system?

Have you tried resetting the network setting on your S22? Please know this will delete any saved Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks from your device?

Do you experience these symptoms only on calls or also when listening to audio?

DaveKF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I just recently got the S22 Ultra.  I drive a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo which has their base model UConnect infotainment device.  I use the Subsonic app to stream music and play it in my vehicle.  On my previous phone (LG G6) using the same app, I was able to use the vehicle's controls (play/pause/next track/previous track) to control the music stream.  But with the S22, I cannot.  I *am* able to connect and the music streams through the vehicle speakers.  But the vehicle controls just beep when I press them.  I have to pick up the phone, unlock the screen, then play/pause/skip track.  If I'm driving, this is illegal in my state (can't even be holding a phone while driving).  Anyone know why the S22 isn't able to be controlled by the vehicle's system?  Is there a setting somewhere I need to turn on?

0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Try using the Samsung Music app and connect via Bluetooth to the Uconnect, it should work.
0 Likes
DaveKF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, but that won't work.  The Subsonic app streams music from my home computer (which uses Airsonic Advanced) and plays them over Bluetooth.  It's not just playing the songs that are on my phone.

I'm looking for the reason why I cannot control the music via the vehicles infotainment system buttons like I could with my previous phone.

0 Likes