Original topic:

Forgotten Pin to unlock phone

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 12:42 PM)
yvonnewinters1978
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

My 72 Year old father is convinced he is inputting the correct pin to unlock his S22 phone.  But it keeps says its wrong and he needs to wait hours to try again.

I discovered by using Smartthings there should be an unlock button to remove the pin so he can gain access only to discover its been removed.

Will this be re-added at any point and if not, is there another way he can access his phone.

He used to have an older Samsung Model were the unlock function was a shape instead of a code, so was easy to remember for him.

He did put on the finger biometrics, but it's not giving him the option of this.

Is there another way he can unlock his phone without rebooting and losing all his apps etc.

It would be a nightmare fixing it back up.

Can someone please help.

5 Replies
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
If you have a Google account connected to the device, go to https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone?hl=en-US and it will give you options to unlock, reset, or play sounds from the phone. You need to be logged into the same Google account that's been signed in on the phone. It will remove all passwords to enter the device, you'll have to set it up again with a new password. This is how i get into my phone when locked out. Hope this helps! There's also a way to reset the phones password via samsungs find my phone feature. It's very similar, just sign into the Samsung account on samsungs find-my-phone website and find the device that needs to be unlocked, and boom. Unlock it in the same way. Hope this helps! If I left any important details out. A reply would be great. ALSO do a little research yourself if need-be.
0 Likes
kaf59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This does not give option to unlock, only to lock your phone

0 Likes
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Just a side note, if you have another device signed into the same samsung account, and have access to it, you can find the find my device in the settings. There you can access all devices signed into the Samsung account. HOPE ALL THIS HELPS. Direct message me or reply to either of my messages if you need a better explanation....such as a screen recording on how to do this.
0 Likes
yvonnewinters1978
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi. It doesn't give an unlock option on either Samsung Smartthings Find my phone or Google. They recently removed it from Samsung due to misuse by hackers and the only options it gives on Google is to secure phone or erase data. No unlock option.

0 Likes
yvonnewinters1978
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Contacted Samsung via webchat and they've said there's no way this can be done remotely. Only option is to reset the phone. I'm highly disappointed that they've made it very difficult to access  your phone anymore without having to do this 

0 Likes