(Topic created: 07-28-2022 11:57 AM)
-rafi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello 
I have s22 ultra and it t-mobile purchased from samsung directly 
The device is paid but i cant unlock the network
And t-mobile could not too they said because i bought it from samsung they have the unlock control
Any ideas 
Thank you
8 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I remember that t mobile used an app you download to unlock. Not sure if they still do that?
0 Likes
-rafi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes that was long time ago
0 Likes
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
If it's a t mobile branded phone it doesn't matter if you got it from Samsung. It's t mobiles responsibility to unlock it. You may have gotten it from Samsung but if you chose a carrier when you bought it then it's locked to that carrier and they have t9 unlock it
-rafi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I was thinking the same but t mobile rep said that they will request from samsung
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
legally required to unlock it if it's paid off. They should already have the unlock codes no matter what
-rafi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I will visit a t-mobile store maybe will be better
Thank you for replay
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
It's worth a shot. Like I said if the phone is paid off legally they have to unlock it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Why would tmobile purchase an unlocked phone from Samsung for their customer? I think you mean that you paid for your phone in full - not that would still be a phone with specific carrier firmware. If I recall correctly, a few years ago, there was an option to unlock directly either in the application menu, or in the T-Mobile folder. Try searching there. If all else fails, you can update your phone's firmware to an unlocked version. You should note however, that certain features of the phone may not function at all because they are carrier-specific. For example, I purchased my phone directly from samsung's website. I noticed video calling and messaging confirmation were missing. After speaking both to Samsung and tmobile agents multiple times, who all said the phone must be defective (and getting a new phone), I did my own research and downloaded the tmobile firmware for my phone. Only at that point did I get the missing features that I mentioned.