Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Plus esim not usable and is not compatible with any carriers or networks

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 07:44 AM)
Members_6i10Uyk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have buyers remorse. I was able to get my esim working on AT&T with bugs with the June update, fixed in July but now I cannot get an esim from AT&T for a second Google Fi unlocked Galaxy S22+. US Mobile says the S22+ is supported but it does not pass the IMEI checker for esim. Verizon prepaid website says need physical sim too. U.S. Cellular store tried but SMS would not work. Basically esim is unusable still after all this time.

Has anyone recently activated an edim or found a solution?

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Really? I thought you meant not compatible with any carriers or networks from regions outside of the USA and Puerto Rico.
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I did it with my 22U, thru t-mobile. Wasn't working right off the bat. However, I just restarted my phone and it was g2g. My situation is a little different, being t-mobile locked.
Members_6i10Uyk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for replying. My phone is an unlocked Google Fi S22+ so I do think T-Mobile might work on the esim, but I just moved to a rural location with no T-Mobile towers. Google Fi uses T-Mobile. My phone has an AT&T prepaid esim and a Ting physical sim which is Verizon with U.S. Cellular roaming (100nb data limit while roaming) which is great. Unfortunately, AT&T for now cannot prive an esim for my wifes phone and no other carrier or MVNO will either so I regret purchasing the Galaxy S22 Plus and wish I bought iPhones a different dual sim android.