JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Speaker Distortion and Crackling

(Topic created: 03-14-2022 03:10 PM)
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are having speaker crackling coming from both speakers and you're within your return window, RETURN YOUR PHONE and buy a new one. Hopefully you get one from a new batch that was built right.

Info only:
I pre-ordered early and got my s22 around Feb 23rd. In colder weather, playing any audio through the speakers sounds like they're blown out. Sounds terrible. Some other members have the same problem and said that pressing down on the screen firmly would make it sound normal. As soon as pressure is removed, it goes back to crackling. In warm weather, speakers are fine. 

After calling Samsung support 4 different times, they came up with no solutions except to send the phone in for evaluation and repair. I told them that it's my only phone and I'm not wanting a "repaired" device but a new one. Repaired devices are never as good as factory originals and since I keep my phone's for 3+ yrs, I need one that's gonna last like my s8 active did. 

It's unacceptable that after spending so much money on a flagship product, we receive something that fails quality control. I'm still within my 15 day return window and will be sending it back. Already purchased a replacement myself hoping its from a different batch. 
51 Replies
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Yep!!! Exactly my issue with them too. Absolute  customer service and they expect you to send in a phone without a replacement. Its cause they want to "repair" it by an underpaid, overworked employee which is unacceptable. They refuse to accept that a batch of these is defective from factory

user8z4cU8YfZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Has Samsung ever cared about its reputation? Honestly I am very disappointed, maybe this will be my last time to be samsung customer. It's the time to switch to other brand after being a galaxy phone user for about 8 years.

astronaut22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

same problem, ordered s22 and received feb 22 had issues with speaker and call, replaced phone and got new one march 10th and i still have issues, i will be returning the phone and buying the pixel 6 even though i wanted a smaller phone, i dont trust samsung to send me a third reliable phone an im tired of dealing with them

kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Dang I'm sorry to hear that. I don't blame you. I'm disappointed that Samsung won't issue a recall for this or at least make it right by issuing a statement. They need to step up. I think you'll be happy with the pixle
astronaut22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
And also I went from 10 degree weather in Colorado to 80 degree weather in Florida and had the same issues
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm strange mine only did it in the cold. As soon as it warmed up it sounded normal again. In any case I already got my new one and things are good now.
userjapJE1gTiT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem its ridiculous their warranty policy. I do not want a repaired phone I just bought!!!! had to purchase a new phone to return this one. Now I have 2 charges on my credit card for two phones. Makes me wish I just stayed with the pixel 6 I had. I always had samsung since the S2. I was expecting a sent replacement for the troubles and also having to transfer everything all over again!!!!

kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
This is my second follow up post about this issue and now has 3200 views. My first post had about 1000 and a Samsung moderator turned off comments. I'm sure they'll get to this one too. In case they do, that Youtube video I posted above continues this discussion without comments being turned off. Samsung needs to acknowledge this problem, not hide it
userovyVUING8j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue on my S22. Stesso problema col mio S22. Quando lo riavvio l'audio ritorna normale.

0 Likes
userovyVUING8j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

The support told me to do a test with #*0*# then to try in safe mode with a hands-free call (https://www.samsung.com/it/support/mobile-devices/come-accedere-alla -secure-mode-of-galaxy-phones /). The problem could be due to the conflict with some apps that manage audio such as those for recording calls.