JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra not playing Google TV movies

(Topic created: 05-06-2022 08:56 AM)
danielbartz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I am unable to get the Google TV app to play my purchased movies in my S22 Ultra. There is just a spinning circle. They play on my S9.

When I try to download a movie on the S22, it always downloads a language other than English. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, different WiFi networks, resetting all phone settings, etc.

I tried to request support from Google and the only response I received was "That's weird." Anyone else have this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
danielbartz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I found it a problem with the current version of the app. The version from Oct 2021 doesn't have the problem.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine seems to be working. Uninstall it or unlink and rekink your email address
0 Likes
danielbartz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried uninstalling, relinking account. Even a full factory reset didn't work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Very WHEIRD. I'm sorry I couldn't help. Do other streaming services work? Just curious
0 Likes
danielbartz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So far, everything else I tried works: Amazon Prime Video, Movies Anywhere, and Vudu.
0 Likes
creativeUsernameHere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the exact same problem! Perhaps if we gather each other's display settings we might find a common variable? My screen is set to vivid and wqhd+. I remember that one of my previous phones did something like this, it was caused by a screen filter setting.

0 Likes
Solution
danielbartz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I found it a problem with the current version of the app. The version from Oct 2021 doesn't have the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
The October version of Google TV also cleared this up on my S22 Ultra
0 Likes