JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 poor video calls quality on Exynos

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 12:35 PM)
useruz1zzARGoV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy s22 with an Exynos 2200 chip and I noticed that the quality of video calls in  Google DUO, Instagram, Microsoft Teams, etc is poor. For example, my wife has a Galaxy S20 FE with a Snapdragon chip. During a video call via DUO, the S20 FE has several times better image quality from its camera.

This is a screenshot from the Galaxy S20FE. This picture is transmitted by my S22:

S20FE.jpg

And this is a screenshot from my S22. This picture is transmitted by S20 FE:

S22.jpg

The difference is huge. With the Galaxy S20 FE works HD quality in DUO. The problem is definitely not related to the quality of the Internet connection. The comparison was made on smartphones connected to one WiFi network. All other messengers in the S20 FE have better video quality. I suspect that the problem is somehow related to the Exynos chip. Maybe the video encoder is not optimized for it, I don't know. Are anyone has such an issue? Maybe this is a well-known problem with the Galaxy s22 and the company plans to fix it through an update?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We know how frustrating poor video quality is. Regrettably, support for non-US models is very limited. As the Exynos version of the S22 is an international version, please reach out to support for the region in which the phone was intended. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html We apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We know how frustrating poor video quality is. Regrettably, support for non-US models is very limited. As the Exynos version of the S22 is an international version, please reach out to support for the region in which the phone was intended. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html We apologize for the inconvenience.