JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s22 ultra no visual voicemail

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 08:37 AM)
xAwoL_MoNsTeR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy s22 ultra and I cannot get the visual voicemail to work. Everytime I open the app, it acts like it is starting up brand new and has me accept the terms. Then takes me into the app and says no new voicemails, but there is new voicemails. Ive tried clearing the data for the app and clearing the app cash and still no avail. Anybody got a solve to this.

9 Replies
JoeFromKokomo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Switch to Google Voice. It does anything Visual Voice does. It translates VM and pushes the translated VM to your inbox.

There is a # code you need to enter to forward calls to the Google Voice number, as you may know. Verizon will not help set that up for you. They get $5 month for Visual VM.

xAwoL_MoNsTeR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I shouldn't have to use a diff app to have a feature that isn't that technical and is offered on iPhone forever, samsung has an app for this and it doesn't work.
Craig3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Unfortunately, it's not Samsung's fault, it's just the way that Android works.

Voicemail works differently for every carrier, and each carrier had different requirements on how to set voicemail up.

Because Android doesn't natively support visual voicemail, it's never as easy to use as iPhones visual voicemail. One of the benefits of Android is that you can choose from several different voicemail apps and customize them how you like. But visual voicemail had always been finicky on Android. Every carrier had their own app as well as many device makers, and none of them are perfect.

The Samsung app works fine, but you might need to contact your cell provider for help on how to configure it if you aren't able to figure it out on your own. Or, as the other member suggested, apps like Google voice or youmail offer alot of features that the default apps don't.

But if you're looking for it to 'just work', you might want to consider an iPhone, or maybe a pixel. Otherwise, that's unfortunately just one of the trade-offs of Android.
0 Likes
Members_RUddO7e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have ATT; just went from my Galaxy S12 to the S22.  I had Visual Voicemail on the S12; why wouldn't it work on the S22?  There are a couple Visual Voice mails when i transfered the data over via the Samsung update process, but now If I don't call my number, no way to see I have messages?  Seems pretty important feature they have messed up if it worked on the S12 but not the S22; supposed to be better phone, no?

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Just to clarify.  Samsung made a Galaxy s10, and an s10+, the very next S device was the Galaxy s20.  If you had an S12, it was NOT made by Samsung.

Here is my guess... Your S22 is an unlocked device, right?

NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung provides a visual voice-mail app? Isn't that the job of the carrier? Cause I had to download my carrier's visual voice-mail app.
Members_RUddO7e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Agree- why would they take that away?  How do you know you have voice mails on the S22?  I have to call to know I have voice mails...

user5Bzm2mtFHA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Mine is doing the same thing. the carrier is AT&T

Solution
userrsiWr6vnzd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I just worked with AT&T for over 2 hours with my new Ultra and same problem.  Finally got it working.  Settings, general management, reset, reset all settings.