Original topic:

Google Home app raising and lowering phone volume after viewing Nest camera

(Topic created: 10-27-2022 12:36 PM)
MacMittens88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
As the title states, after viewing live feed from my Google doorbell or camera, my phone's volume continues to spontaneously raise and lower itself causing the volume to sound glitched. The only way to clear this issue is to close the Home app that controls my devices. I've deleted the app and redownloaded it but the issue still continues. Is anyone else having this issue?
6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
We have ten various Nest cams and have never had this issue.

Though, we don't use Home for camera viewing , we use the Nest app

EDIT... might want to post in a Google forum
doug12v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This is a problem I'm also having, and. I've spent hours with Samsung support and google support, and the only solution they have come up with is to use a different device when viewing the cameras. It's disappointing to buy a high-end phone and a relatively expensive camera that don't work together. Iphone doesn't have this issue.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Ten Nest cameras here and four Samsung phones (two S21'S and two S22's ... zero issues viewing cams using Nest app

On top of that, we have four Wyze cams ... using Wyze app to view those ... zero issues
0 Likes
lrosado76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here. Everything worked fine on Android 12, as soon as 13 was introduced, the volume issue started and even when viewing history videos taken on nest outdoor camera, the video is choppy. Pauses for 1 sec, then plays, then pauses again and so on.
user8c2L2LkOj0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same audio and video issue with watching playback of any event that I get through the Home app.  If the app is still running in the background and you press the volume button to bring out the media volume slider, you can see it jumping up and down on its own.  If you drag down the notification bar twice, to see the multiple pages of setting buttons, you can see the 3 'page' dots at the bottom will tick back and forth randomly if you're on any of the other pages and sometimes buttons will be turned on or off on their own as if the phone is reading random inputs from the screen software.  It's super weird.  Sometimes pulling up recent apps and hitting "Close All" won't work and I have to open the Home app and end it on its own with a swipe up from the recent app overlay.

FredSkooly
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Opting in to the Google home app public preview fixed this issue for me. The new layout is better in my opinion and the volume bug is gone. I'd definitely give it a try.