Original topic:

Google Maps dimming on S22 ULTRA

(Topic created: 06-17-2022 03:31 PM)
NewEraKingz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have issues with Google maps dimming. I run my phone at the maximum on everything. Meaning no adaptive brightness, extra brightness enabled, max resolution, etc. Basically it's nothing to do with my phone settings. Whenever I open Google maps it's always dim and unusable in daylight. It also is not in dark theme mode for Google maps. Anyone else having this issue with their S22 ULTRA? 
4 Replies
NewEraKingz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's set to automatic. But it dims to like half brightness of the actual phone settings. Played with all setting configurations and nothing fixed it.
0 Likes
MrSerg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem. I noticed that this happens in all applications where navigation is used, Google maps, Waze, Uber driver, etc. It dims so much that nothing is visible even in cloudy weather.
0 Likes
userqdrkQSrJbk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem and will be selling my S22 Ultra.  I need to see google maps in bright sunlight.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

There are apps in which you can define which apps you want to stay on without dimming.  I used to use one on my last phone to keep my boarding pass on.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes