Original topic:

Having sms problems

(Topic created: 08-14-2022 11:50 AM)
SuperbVolt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I just got the S22 Ultra about a month ago, and noticed that some of the people that I text can see what I text to them, but I can't see what they send back. I can get still get text messages from some people, but not others, I can also get MMS's and pictures just not SMS's from the people that I can not see the texts form. I have tried quite a lot stuff already when it comes to trying to fix the problem, but nothing is working. The only thing that I have not tried yet is factory reseting the phone, as this is something I'm willing to do as a final and last effort  to get it fixed. If anyone has any way of fixing this or has had the same problem as I do please let me know, thank you.
11 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Could try a network reset.
Just know you will have to add your Bluetooth devices again
Or could try turning on Airplane mode, wait 10 seconds then turn it off
SuperbVolt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'll try this again, as I had already done that but I might not have waited long enough for the airplane mode to help.
ixtasis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Call your service provider and have them do a network reset then.

Also, have you enabled sms text messaging in your app settings?
0 Likes
userVJ6ks7XuFn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Kt766666blp0h 800 2021 g700 guy j9x o 990 o 99999ij
0 Likes
concerned01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I had same problem with a previous Samsung galaxy phone as S10E as sms freezes up but called Samsung tech support could not fix, they said model getting old, so I went to repair shop of Samsung authorized repair as being Asurion former name of ubreakifix company, they recommended Google message app, then works a lot better and faster more effectively and efficiently, I now have s22 but will keep Google sms app, good app for sms mms
0 Likes
Rune
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm going to be honest, I have had less issues with the Samsung messages app than the Google one. I miss the Samsung one on my S22 Ultra, and it makes it feel cheaper in my opinion.
0 Likes
concerned01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Other people had issues with Samsung messaging app on S22, so I probably stick with Google one, working fast and very simple
0 Likes
ixtasis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I would also suggest people use the messaging app they're most comfortable with. Even if you get a new phone most of them are available for download in the play store.
0 Likes
SuperbVolt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I should also mention that when I got this phone we had to get a google phone number and transfer all my stuff to it ( Just the way we had to do it) I have no idea if that might be the reaosn that it isn't working. The phone is though AT&T now though.
0 Likes