Original topic:

Hotspot connection lost when the online game starts on desktop computer

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 03:33 PM)
JariKalevi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a new S22 ultra and I have an issue when using hotspot connection with my Desktop.

Almost every time I start new online game on my computer, the connection loses and I have to connect again. I mean when the game client is up and I start new game.  This ruins my gaming experience. I'm really thinking to change Samsung to some other phone if there is no solution for this. So is there some way to fix this? I never had this kind of problem with other phones.

My current solution is to change Sim back to my old Huawei prone and use that for gaming.. I played yesterday several hours without issues with Huawei, so help is needed. 

Connection is not metered.

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I hate to break it to you, but it's most likely something your computer is doing. The hotspot is just transferring data. It doesn't care what your computer is doing. Meanwhile your computer is trying to do various things on it's end. One thing you can do that might help is to connect to your hotspot, then on the computer go into that connection's settings and make sure it doesn't have the connection set as a metered connection.
0 Likes
JariKalevi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Currently my solution is to change Sim back to old Huawei phone and use that for playing.. Yesterday I played several hours without issues, so this really is S22 phone problem. Connection is not metered, so help is still needed for solving this issue. 

0 Likes