JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I don't want to install Tik Tok

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 12:35 PM)
userLp0WTUETkN
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

me parece ofensivo que sigan mandando tic toc y me obligan a instalarlo basta de esa tiranía no quiero de ninguna manera esa basura si vuelve a enviarlo tomaré medidas gracias 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Samual56 The Samsung store doesn't install apps on it's own. More than likely your carrier is promoting TikTok and installed it. There is always an odd chance that some malware that you have installed caused TikTok to be installed. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Jabeezala
Asteroid
Options

Why is Samsung Galaxy Store promoting Tik-Tok in any form? China is a direct competitor and adversary of democracy which South Korea firmly stands for. Why am I getting repeated attempts by pop up to install this? You're better than this, and money doesn't follow you to the grave. Call my phone directly from Samsung HQ if you need a reminder how precious freedom can be. 

Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Your phone or the Samsung App Store do not install apps randomly. You probably have malware on your that is causing it to give you that pop up. I would suggest downloading Malwarebytes and let it run and clean your phone.
JVN1005
Comet
Options
It's not malware, it's a push notification from the Galaxy Store asking if you want to install Tiktok. I get them all the time.
Biggus
Nebula
Options
No, the Samsung app store shows ads for Tik-Tok constantly. If you didn't disable advertising notifications for the store you'll get them popping up. Clicking "do not show again" on the ads when the store is started only gets rid of them until tiktok changes their ad again in a few days.
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
I was getting a notification of an update for applications to the Samsung store and it notified me about an update regarding Tik Tok. I don't have Tick Tock installed so I was scratching my head, but sure enough it had been automatically installed it had been automatically installed and to install Tik Tok.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Samual56 The Samsung store doesn't install apps on it's own. More than likely your carrier is promoting TikTok and installed it. There is always an odd chance that some malware that you have installed caused TikTok to be installed. 

0 Likes
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
I would love to know how it got installed, I would never ever install tiktok. I do know my carrier has been pushing tiktok, but they've always prompted me to install it and I've always declined.
Samual56
Cosmic Ray
Options
What makes me suspicious of the Samsung store is it lists Tic Tok as one of my apps but when I click on it it says it's not installed and all the other stores say that Tick Tock is not installed but the Samsung store was prompting me to update it as if it is installed. I find this very curious.