Original topic:

How do I get the S22 camera from auto adjusting photos after taking a picture

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 07:26 PM)
MediaMomma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I love most of the camera, but I hate that it auto adjusts after taking a photo. I want to take pictures of the night sky with the moon. but after taking the picture, it auto adjusts and turns the sky blue, which defeats the purpose. It also auto adjusts pictures during the day and makes them look smooth. I wish there was a way to stop it from doing that. Samsung needs to add that option to turn that feature off! It makes my photos look unnatural. 
10 Replies
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like you have some type of filter on. When you are in the camera app, tap on the magic wand in the upper right hand corner, and then check the filters.
0 Likes
MediaMomma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't gave any filters on.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you turn off scene optimizer? 😳
0 Likes
MediaMomma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've tried it with that off and it still auto adjusts the pictures
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
You may want to try the app Expert RAW in the galaxy store. It's amde by samsung. I believe that that app won't do any auto adjust. It's all manual.
MediaMomma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the tip! They need a toggle to turn off the auto adjusting. It should be that simple. But it isn't. Unfortunately.
0 Likes
GuineaPigPoop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

No problem!

So, i was just browsing through the camera settings and found something that might be the culprit.

Take a look in settings>camera assistant and see if ″auto HDR″ or ″soften pictures″is turned on. If it is, try turning it off and see if it helps. Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
MediaMomma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't see a camera assistant under settings.
0 Likes
GuineaPigPoop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I think camera assistant is new to Android 13, which I just got an update for this week, but I just looked it up and it should be under the general settings in android 12.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s22ultra-camera-missing-hdr-setting.4409109/

0 Likes