Original topic:

How do I remove apps from my secure folder?

(Topic created: 12-30-2023 11:48 PM)
GrannyKK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

How do I remove apps from my secure folder? I don't want my Google Play App there but can't remove it because it doesn't show up when I open the secure folder. 

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
This is normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Secure Folder has its own completely separate copies of those system apps. You don't need to move or copy them anywhere.

You can tell because the secure versions of these apps have a tiny Secure Folder icon in the lower right corner. The regular versions don't have this. See my screenshots to compare. 1704117306990.jpg1704117307006.jpg
0 Likes
Members_sWlMT4B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Related to this - I have the same problem (with 3 generations of galaxy now)! If I don't worry about the apps themselves, how do I get the content within those apps to go to the unsecure version, rather than the secure folder version? For example, notifications from T-Mobile or contacts within the Contacts app?

The way I've solved this in the past is to uninstall each app and re-install it from the regular play store, but I suspect that's not how this is intended to be used. I believe there's a secure & unsecure version of the play store as well - with my work phone, there is a "work" version of the play store and all apps I get from there have a similar corner icon to indicate they are a 'work' app.

0 Likes