Original topic:

Keyboard Jumping on Samsung S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 12-28-2022 11:41 PM)
hassan08
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Samsung Team

We have a messaging application that is behaving in a weird way with the Samsung Keyboard on S22 ultra. The device is on OneUI 5.0 and Android 13.

When we press the space bar with a lot of text already typed, it scrolls to the bottom. The cursor remains where it is.  This is very annoying for us and does not happen on any other Samsung phones. It does not even occur on the Swiftkey keyboard or GBoard. 

FloridaGrandma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Me too
FloridaGrandma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Also email and texting using chrome.
Duquetted
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Having same issue but not in a messaging app. It's happening in Amazon while writing reviews and sometimes when selecting between recently used apps it jumps around. 

userpFkgAzq618
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Having this issue as well. S22Ultra. Unlocked. I just got the phone and noticed the problem while using Google Calendar (where I keep lengthy notes). It is driving me nuts.
userQbBkU457x5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have this exact same behavior in the native Samsung contacts app in the notes section. If you have a long note for a contact, and you are editing say the first line of the note, it will constantly scroll to the bottom of the long note after every key press. As OP noted, the cursor stays at the top where you were. So you are typing blind.
This is not the third party message app that has the issue. Something happened wiht the cursor/keyboard/screen scroll interaction after the UI update.
Some response would be most helpful as it appears this is a universal issue.
Certainly the OEM Samsung Contact interaction I noted above can be easily replicated.
Thanks.

mtnagel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Can't believe this is still a bug.  Guess I'll keep using the Google keyboard, which I don't think is as good, until Samsung (hopefully) fixes this.

trfletch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Any update on if Samsung have even acknowledged this bug with their keyboard on Android 13 or if they plan to fix it anytime soon? We run an Android app and it is affecting our users, we have started recommending that people use Gboard instead which is fine for people that get in touch about the issue but doesn't help for new users etc that just assume we have a buggy App and never contact us to find out how to fix the issue.

0 Likes
mtnagel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

So it seems like this is fixed for me.  Not sure why I even tried it, but I can't recreate the bug anymore.  

0 Likes
trfletch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

What fixed it?

0 Likes
mtnagel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

There was an update to the app yesterday, but honestly no clue.

0 Likes