JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keyboard can't search for GIFs anymore and pushing spotify/youtube

(Topic created: 05-24-2022 04:03 PM)
godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I can't search for GIFs anymore. And it's trying to push Spotify and YouTube on me through my keyboard. Who the  shares music this way? Now when I search for GIFs it looks like this. Is this just me? I'm so angry right now that I can't search for gifs with my own search terms without seeing this garbage "connect spotify" "connect youtube" 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I always fail to take my own advice of "restart device and see if problem is resolved." Restarting has resolved the issue. Hope it helps you too.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Which KB do you use?
0 Likes
godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The plain old vanilla samsung one. I generally use the baked in apps unless they are horrible.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings / General Management / Samsung Keyboard Settings / scroll down to "Select Third Party Content To Use" / if "Giphy and Tenor" are available, make sure it's not set to Off.
Let me know if this helps.
godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried that, no good. It's even worse than that because if I turn off Spotify and YouTube, it shows this screen to connect them even though I MANUALLY already turned them off.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Did it work after you restarted?
Agent-99
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
You might want to try Gboard by Google! You won't have any problems searching for GIF's there.
0 Likes
godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I might try it. I usually stick to the vanilla baked in features because I'm basic, but this is just unusable.
0 Likes
usereFaJCdKOML
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue and have 'Giphy and Tenor' enabled and have turned off all all the other options like 'Google and Youtube' and Spotify. However, when I search I just get emojis and the options to enable spotify etc but no gifs at all

godsavethegene
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
That's my exact issue!!! I can only use GIFs that are in the suggestion list.