JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keyboard delay on s22 ultra

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 06:10 AM)
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm getting so fed up I'm about ready to move on from the s22 ultra.  Stupid issue where when my keyboard comes up, often I can't type for a second or 2. It won't read my touches right away!  It makes the phone feel laggy when it's otherwise smooth. It's overall making this the worst phone amongst the 4 Samsung phones I've had in a row including the s9+, note 10+, and s21 ultra. None of them did that! 

I completely removed good lock. Seemed to help. Then it came back. Switched to Samsung keyboard. Not only is it a laggy mess compared to Gboard, but it also had exact same issue so it's a system issue not a particular keyboard issue. Finally went through killed like 30 bloatware apps installed by at&t and phone overall seemed to be running better for over 48 hours then... It came back! I'm at my witts end with it! How can it go away and come back like that? I hope someone has some info I'm pulling the little hair I have left out!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your frustration with your Samsung keyboard.  If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Please try this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You may also want to back up your device and then perform a factory data reset. 

This type of issue may need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can contact us at 18007267864 or you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

6 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

not always the case but yea, the carrier bloatwares tend to be just too much of a dead weight (hence I sometime prefer the unlocked variants).

Also try doing a cache partition clearing from the recovery mode to lighten the load on temporary storage. Also try using the Good Guardian's app booster, might help.

additionally, if it keeps persisting even after all that...

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Hopefully it will get fixed for you. Whenever I have a choice between a Samsung app or a Google one I use Google. I hate Samsung keyboard, I prefer gboard. Maybe a software update will fix it
Cormaster
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
So I turned off adaptive battery, rebooted, phone was running a lot smoother, keyboard delay was gone...for an hour. It's back. Nothing sticks
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

sounds like some type of processing efficiency issue.... considering that it disappears after lightening the load but returns over time.

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

surely the samsung engineers will be able to help detect what is causing the laggings. 

0 Likes
brianjsw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I've experienced the same problem over the last couple months. Screen freezes for 3 seconds and doesn't respond to touch, then comes back for 10 seconds, then freezes for another 3. Have to reboot phone to clear it up, every 5 days or so..
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your frustration with your Samsung keyboard.  If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Please try this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You may also want to back up your device and then perform a factory data reset. 

This type of issue may need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can contact us at 18007267864 or you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location