Original topic:

Keyboard swipe feature doesn't work on some apps

(Topic created: 12-05-2022 04:14 PM)
Boosted_Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
S22 Ultra 

They really hit it out the park with this last update, i. finding new things out all the time that are either not working properly or not working at all since updating. I even went as far as to factory reset my phone which was for no reason I found out cuz it didn't fix anything, I've formatted the cache as well. 

But the newest thing I've found out not working properly is the swipe feature, and it's on every single keyboard cuz I've tried a few trying to fix this, but on certain apps you aren't able to use the swipe feature when typing so you have to type with single letters. But it won't be for the entire app, it'll be certain aspects, like in OfferUp responding to a msg you can't swipe, but creating a ad you can. Stuff like that. Same thing on Mercari & I've made sure everything is fully updated, I've uninstalled all the apps& keyboards and reinstalled but still nothing. I've even went as far as reverting back to previous builds of the apps and still nothing 

Is anyone else experiencing this?? It drives me crazy trying to type key by key -- letter by letter.. Samsung when are you going to release a update fixing all these issues ppl are having. I've NEVER owned an iPhone but this last 2wks I've actually considered it ...
21 Replies
postulio
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
  • Having the same problem on note 20 ultra. Last update broke a ton of stuff. I hate it. And swipe to text isn't working in Offerup app... An app meant for writing messages .. ugh

0 Likes
userSIUbc9p3jQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem with offer up on my ultra 22
0 Likes
userPV9c2Nsjbn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here
0 Likes
usersHD9jcosrA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same problem here (s22 ultra) ANNOYING!
0 Likes
user9pBMcXyrru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same problem with offerup and mercari hate it.
user9pBMcXyrru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I thought it was only my phone but I guess not.
0 Likes
TheBFA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Came here looking for an answer. I hate it so much I have things to sell and don't want to use offer up because of the typing. Even the non swype things don't work like erasing the last word by hitting the backspace once, or automatic spacing.
Boosted_Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah if swipe is broken for the app like every feature will be broken it seems. One thing i can share with you to do that I'm doing cuz I wanted to take advantage of ppl looking for gifts(& id really suggest you do list those things soon to take full advantage cuz it's almost over!) I use OfferUp, Mercari, & eBay rn & i had some high $ items sitting a month or 2 but this last 1.5wks i made over $1,000 getting rid of them. A cpl times i had to cancel cuz an item sold on 2 diff apps like 12hrs apart. I was like you so annoyed I didn't want to type out new listings letter by letter but w/Xmas getting closer& Samsung doing nothing i figured i better quit being lazy lol& totally glad i did.
0 Likes
Boosted_Z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
But what i did was that since i couldn't swipe in OfferUp & needed/wanted to get those listed, i just went to a diff app where swipe works (like a txt msg) and i swiped out the ad or response and i just copy & pasted. Which wasn't as convenient as if everything were normal but it helps a ton lemme tell you
0 Likes