Original topic:

Keyboard swipe isn't working

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 12:29 AM)
MimiSky345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an Ultra and Swipe isn't working at all. It skips over letters or adds random letters. I'm constantly deleting and having to retype everything!

Any fix for this?
7 Replies
Ryan891
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Using a screen protector?
MimiSky345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope, no screen protectors
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
The Samsung keyboard is the nicest looking keyboard I've ever seen, and it has some awesome exclusive features.

But they keyboard has never been known for its accuracy. Go to the play store and download Google Gboard. That's a keyboard made by Google, and it's much more accurate. For swipe and normal typing.

That's what I'm using right now.
trix11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Gboard has the same issue, as well as Microsoft Swiftkey. It's not the keyboard app, it's a phone issue
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
How long has this been happening?
trix11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I just received my phone pretty recently (Sept) and it has been a few weeks from that. It followed an update I got almost immediately. I had an update on Sept 21 to G990USQS4CVI1 and one on oct 14 to G990USQS4CVI3. I've heard others had it since April but I didn't have my phone then. Clearing the entire phone cache through the boot menu seemed to make it better for like 12 hrs. toggling sensitivity did nothing. Typing this response triggered the issue 3 times. It's worse with longer words that cross the middle of the keyboard and continue to the other side.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm very sorry.

I would assume it's too late for you to get a refund.

It's really sad, because in my opinion, the S22 Ultra is the greatest phone of all time. (I'm assuming it's an s22 ultra, because you said you have an ultra)
0 Likes