JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keyboard swiping bug

(Topic created: 04-19-2022 03:47 PM)
Javsdaboss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Anyone else that's on April patch having problems with keyboard word swiping? It's driving me crazy. I've read about people having ghost touches but I don't seem to be having it like the ones they're describing. Posted this on a Reddit forum and seems I'm not alone with this problem. Basically I'll be swiping words and halfway through swiping a word, seems like it selects another letter causing it to have me constantly go back and reswipe or type to fix errors. Does it on all the keyboards I've tried. Sometimes typing to fast makes it happen too. Diagnosis on phone says my touchscreen is good. Last night I had a Samsung tech use my phone remotely to apparently fix it but they didn't do anything whatsoever to resolve my problem. All they did was wipe my keyboards which did nothing. Didn't notice this problem till April patch. Anyone else having similar problems? Already tried wiping phone which it's still doing it after and made me pretty mad that I wasted all that time putting everything back on my phone for nothing. Also booting phone in safe mode still causes this to happen. Considering downgrading April patch if nothing can fix it. Never dropped my phone or gotten it wet. I really don't want to go back to my pixel but considering it if I have to wait til another software update since Samsung seems to take their sweet time for unlocked model. Any help or advice is appreciated. Phone is unlocked snapdragon
8 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I am sorry to hear the swipe to text feature on your keyboard is functioning strangely, and can understand the inconvenience and frustration. Thank you for telling us all the steps you have tried so far as well! One other thing to try is clearing your device's cache partition with these steps, which cna help smooth out device behavior:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Lastly, if that does not help, submit an error report via the Samsung Members app: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-submit-an-error-report-on-samsung-members-a...

Please let me know if this helps. 

Vysionous
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, the accuracy or time out for swipe seems to be too low. If I slow down it doesn't happen.

Wipe cache via recovery or clearing keyboard app data/cache doesn't work. Seems like the app needs updating again.
Members_RmIACrh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes I'm getting the exact same issue you're describing and it happens across all keyboards. This started with the April update and happened twice while typing this reply! Hope they resolve this in the next update!

imneveral0ne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
It's happening to me too, ever since the April update. It doesn't matter which keyboard I'm using, if I'm swiping it'll randomly just stop accepting the swipe and go on to the next word and swipe again, so it just makes nonsense sentences. I really hope this gets fixed ASAP. It's completely ruining my experience on this phone.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

to those who are experiencing this issue... can you share what the software version running is??

In the About Phone  : Model Number, and also Software Information > Build Number > last 4 digit is the SW version.

also, those experiencing this, submit error report after it happens or is reproduced... Samsung members app > get help > error report.

also, check this post. The Reason Behind Ghost Touch in S22 . - Samsung Community - 2246611

Please update if the Power Saving thing applies to you guys or not

uservbULGvKqRu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the exact same issue on my S22 Ultra(USA). Tried reboot restart, reset cache etc and no luck. Happens on default Samsung keyboard and SwiftKey

Here's the software version
Last 5 of the software build are 1AVCK
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22

those experiencing the issue... please try turning off the touch sensitivity setting if it's enabled. Update how it goes 🙂

0 Likes
usertKoYRSa1nW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, same issue. I've noticed that if I swipe with more pressure then it works so I think it may be a sensitivity issue. I turned off the extra sensitivity setting for screen protectors but that's made no difference. I've used swipe for as long as it's been available and never had a problem like this so it's definitely not imagined. I have the S22 SMS901U, software build 1AVCJ