JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lockstar not keeping screen on for 1 minute since 5.0 Stable version

(Topic created: 02-26-2023 07:34 AM)
Options
Galaxy S22
When I choose 1 minute for the lockscreen to stay on its going off at 5 seconds. I updated Goodlock.

S22 Ultra.
28 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I bought my S22 Ultra directly from Samsung (SM-S908U1) and there are TWO system apps named Software Update and one called SoH Service. I downloaded Dexplorer from the Play Store to see the info about each one. I wanted to make sure one wasn't malware because Android 13 JACKED UP my phone. The phone automatically submitted a critical error report in Samsung Members after my phone received the OTA update. The appearance of One UI 5 on my phone and the photos of One UI 5 that I've seen online do not look the same in comparison to one another. I'm not sure the Android 13 upgrade was successful. It is clear that the security was affected by the upgrade, too. I've already asked Samsung for help using several contact methods with NO LUCK. I am starting to panic. I don't think Samsung Support plans to do anything to fix this. I messaged Samsung SMS Care and I kept getting a new Representative each time I typed a response and hit send. So, I emailed Samsung instead, and got an automated response back. I used the error reporting method in the Samsung Members app several times. Then I tried following Samsung Support articles to troubleshoot. I followed how-tos like factory resetting from the Settings menu and from the manual mode screen. I cleared the cache partition. I don't have access to a PC, so I can't use Smart Switch for PC. I don't think anything else other than a clean installation of the factory image is going to work. I've never altered the phone's software in any way. It should be the same as when Samsung sent it to me in July. It says I'm using a "custom ROM" and the CSC is different. I contacted AT&T about it already. AT&T says the Android OS issue and the CSC issue aren't a carrier thing. They're a manufacturer thing and to go ask Samsung for help.

A new issue just came up today - I NEVER submitted a request to Samsung for my Samsung Account data to be DELETED!! What error caused this to happen? Would I not need to confirm an action like Data Deletion? You mean there's no warning beforehand? There's no confirmation email involved?

Total nightmare.
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

I know this is an old thread but my setting in lockstar was working until I got the April update yesterday. I have it set for 5 minutes but it goes off in about 5 seconds. cleared every cache I could find to no avail. Samsung please fix this.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can certainly understand hos frustrating it can be when your device is timing out so often. Since it looks like you have covered the troubleshooting for this I would suggest submitting an error report. 

You can do that by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

0 Likes
casjen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes my s21 ultra has ignored it after updating to A13 today

Options
Galaxy S22
Giving it time for this to get fixed, but my OCD is wanting it now. Added comments to my ratings for loclstar app in the galaxy store. Most people are still on 3.x. I emailed the Goodlock team as well about the issues with 5.x.

The lockscreen timeout issue happened with the One UI 4.0 upgrade as well. Took a long while for Samsung to fix. Would think they could have tested.

Also, lockstar allows for six app shortcuts to launch from the lockscreen. Only five of six apps set will shoe. Another bug that surely could have been tested by the Goodlock team.
Options
Galaxy S22
This bug wasn't fixed in the recent lockstar update.
0 Likes
63hawksong
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, same issues here. I am also very annoyed as I like to enjoy my lock screen for a longer time than 5 seconds.

0 Likes
userShqQg9ucEl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Just got an S23 Ultra.  With all the notification info on the lockscreen I can't read it all before the times out in the ridiculous 4 seconds. There is not setting in Android for this. Found Lockstar and got all excited. Timeout setting doesn't work.  There should be a lockscreen display timeout setting already built into Android.

0 Likes
WyrdGary
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

Theres an app called kinscreen: screen control by TEQTIC.  In addition to controlling when screen times out, it can also control lockscreen timeout, and it works very well for that.

0 Likes