JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone problems through social media apps

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 07:55 AM)
Adi1243
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm using Samsung s22 plus purchased 2 months ago and I am facing microphone issues while talking through social media apps and through inbuilt app.

Over the past 1 week I am consistently being asked to restart the phone due to microphone troubles and since yesterday the phone began restarting by itself in middle of a call. I think it began after the recent Samsung software update

I have restarted the phone multiple times and even reinstall the apps. I was told by the online support to raise an issue here. It is very annoying being constantly interrupted by the software prompts or the device restart itself.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Adi1243
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried that. It didn't work. I performed factory reset now. And it seems to be working. This looks like a software update bug

View solution in context

4 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Try rebooting into recovery mode, clear the cache, and then run the repair apps option. Your phone will restart. Test out. LMK if this helps! GL!
Solution
Adi1243
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I tried that. It didn't work. I performed factory reset now. And it seems to be working. This looks like a software update bug
aloulen
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same problem for me on my s22

This is a general issue in the last update from samsung (Android 13)

The problem is only on whatsapp.. All other apps are working without any errors

rotman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Having issues too since the upgrade to Android 13 (which is super super buggy!), Whatsapp, and google assistant, in fact, every app that uses a microphone won't work. 
A restart fixes the issue (until the next time it happens)