Original topic:

Missing hotspot shortcut in quick access bar

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 10:45 AM)
userYsA5Iy5dUF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung is the only vendor I know that removed Hotspot shortcut from the quick access bar.

Why? It is one of the most frequently used functions and the shortcut is built-into Android.

8 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Are you sure it is not just a button that is not "enabled"  You can check this by swiping down to bring up this "shade", then drag down again, so that the 3 dot menu appears, click on this and then on Edit Buttons.  You then have to long press the button in question, and drag it down to where you want it.

0 Likes
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Its here. Edit buttons. The 1st one on top left Screenshot_20220621-104446_Samsung Members_65125_1655833486.jpg
0 Likes
userYsA5Iy5dUF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your replies. The shortcuts are not available - they are missing from both the selected and the optional menus.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1gidqeWCy1PaqKan6

0 Likes
userQiUWlrozKk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue - there is no HotSpot button anywhere in the added or available buttons. 
Has anyone found a way to resolve this?

usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

Check with your carrier.  Mobile Hotspot is something carriers like to charge extra for, or to include in only specific packages.  If your carrier has it disabled, it is possible they also remove this option.

0 Likes
userYsA5Iy5dUF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It is a strictly a Samsung problem. The phone is unlocked (bought from Samsung). All other phones with the same carrier have a hotspot shortcut. Samsung doesn't. Hotspot can be accessed on Samsung in Settings, but not in shortcuts.

usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That is odd, as my Samsung S22 Ultra unlocked has this option. Hmm
0 Likes
userEwUeFHNwVQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue. Shortcut missing from the quick panel. I have a Samsung S22+.

0 Likes