Original topic:

Need assistance on how can I take good pictures of the Eclipse on my Samsung S22 Plus

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 07:55 AM)
cawbugs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Can someone help me with being able to watch or take pictures on my Samsung 22 Plus today I have some lens but I don't think they'll really work they need more for close-ups but I have three different lenses on this darn phone can anybody help me thank you

4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I got a pair of the solar glasses that I'm going to place over the lenses to take pictures with I just tested it 20240408_110224_1000006619_1712588547.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
BCK420
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
You will need a filter or use dark black sunglasses & put them over your lens.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@cawbugs As the others have said, to prevent damage to your phone's camera you will definitely need a solar filter to place over your phone's camera. 

I bought one of these. It allows you to protect your phone's camera and your eyes at the same time.  Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.18.11.png

0 Likes
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I just tried taking a picture of the sun with a pair of eclipse glasses over the camera lenses, and it wouldn't take pics. I could video, though. I have an S22. I'm in the full totality path. . It starts at 12:45 and totality starts at 2:01 p.m. We get 4 minutes and 3 seconds of full totality.

What am I doing wrong to not capture a picture?