I need to be able to assign my contact groups different ringtones. I go through the steps: Contacts App > Find your groups (the 3 horizontal lines on top left) > Select a group > click the edit button (the pen icon) > Select group ringtone (allowed permissions for media)... there is no save button after choosing a ringtone. If I close out of the app and reopen it and check the ringtone for groups, it says Default. If I choose the ringtone I want and hit the back button, it reverts to default. Any trick I am missing to make the customized ringtone save?
Hey, Zolanma, Thanks for sharing this concern with us. This would be annoying for me if I was having trouble customizing my contacts. It sounds like you are following the proper steps to change the ringtones. There are a few things we can try that might resolve this matter. The first thing to do, is to ensure your device is up to date. If you haven't restarted your phone since your most recent update. Swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers and then tap the Power icon. Tap Restart, and then tap Restart again to confirm. Wait for your phone to turn back on, and then check if the ringtone issue has been resolved.
It is possible there is an app on your device that is causing this symptom. You can test this by putting the phone in Safe Mode. You can visit the link here for directions on how to put your device in Safe Mode.
The last option would be a Factory reset. This is the final resort, and we recommend backing up your device first. Follow the directions below to perform a Factory Reset.
1) From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset.
2) Next, tap Factory data reset again, and then review the information.
3) When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
4) If you have a security lock set on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials.
5) To continue with the reset and delete all information stored on your phone, tap Delete all.
6) From there, you will be required to enter your Samsung account's password if you have added a Samsung account to the phone.
7) Your phone will reset; when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen.
If you have more questions. You can always send one of the moderators a message by clicking on our profile and send us a direct message. You can also send us a message on Facebook and Twitter for further assistance.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
2. Twitter: bit.ly/2pTYDc7