JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't change or select network anymore!!!

(Topic created: 10-13-2022 01:41 PM)
usersdaKgTEoM6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Can't change LTE vs 5G Connection anymore. The setting is gone... where do I do this now? Nobody knows. I choose Samsung for choice and flexibility. Acting like apple now..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

And so do Samsung devices.  This is a carrier thing, not a Samsung thing.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
This function is locked out by MOST American carriers. I know AT&T does, it, and I have heard Verizon does as well, not sure on t-mobile/sprint/cricket. From my understanding, there is an app on the Samsung App store that will give this functionality back, but cannot remember it's name, perhaps some kind soul will see this and enlighten us!
usersdaKgTEoM6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Even iphone supports changing!!!
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

And so do Samsung devices.  This is a carrier thing, not a Samsung thing.

0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
T-Mobile still allows you to change your cellular network settings.
usersdaKgTEoM6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It is not a carrier thing. My phone used to let me do it. And iPhone is able as well.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Samsung phones let you do this as well.  The screen where this option exists will be disabled once your SIM card provisions your device to work on your carrier's network.  This is all proven by your comment that I am replying to.

"My phone used to let me do it."

It is possible that you recently changed your SIM, or that your Carrier did not do this until you were at a specific patch level.  Your carrier can disable different options on a device, and this screen is one of the widely known ones.  Visual Voicemail, and WiFi calling are a few others that Carriers like to disable on Unlocked devices.  The features are there, but mysteriously disappear once the SIM is inserted.

iPhones came onto the market much later in the game.  These devices were believed to be so sought out that the contract Apple drew up with the carriers stated that the carriers CANNOT disable functions from the devices, something all the other manufacturers were already contractually obligated to allow the carriers to do.

Don't try asking your carrier, as they will deny it, but this is a fact.