JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Keyboard Settings Shortcut

(Topic created: 05-09-2023 09:30 AM)
Dianas286
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone else struggling to use the Samsung keyboard since the latest update?! 

This might seem really dumb, but I do like to use emojis when I am typing texts or other messages and the emoji shortcut in the toolbar at the top of the keyboard used to always be on the far left side. Since the latest update, they have moved the gear icon to access keyboard settings to the far left side. 

I do not understand why anyone thought this was a good idea because keyboard settings are probably not something you access very frequently, but in this day and age, we all use emojis day and age, we all use emojis quite frequently. 

Does anyone know how to rearrange the keyboard shortcut toolbar so that I can make the emojis shortcut the first one and move that settings shortcut to the opposite side of the toolbar (or anywhere else, really)?

Thanks in advance for your help! 
7 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Simply press and hold the icon that you wish to move.
Dianas286
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
OH MY GOSH! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll spend so much less time yelling at my phones keyboard now! Thanks again! 😊
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
😀👍
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Repeat after me...

The smartphone is my friend.
Dianas286
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hahahaha!! 🤣🤣🤣

It is, but the update messed me up and it was so frustrating after spending years having that shortcut in one place and it suddenly being moved on me.

0 Likes
Dianas286
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
What's interesting is I said "messed up" and it bleeped that out. I'm curious if it'll do it again.
0 Likes
Dianas286
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Quotation marks help, apparently. 😜
0 Likes