Original topic:

New OS Update Causing Ford Sync Bluetooth Connectivity Issues w/ S22

(Topic created: 11-18-2022 05:37 AM)
Members_XW8gM9n
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Good Morning!  I am having Bluetooth issues with my Samsung Galaxy S22 every since the update to the new OS.  The phone will not correctly connect to Ford Sync in my 2013 Escape.  It will not show me any battery life or connection info.  After the update, I noticed that my Bluetooth settings for Sync were all messed up.  I fixed this, but was still unable to make any calls out or take and calls via Sync.  I used to be able to have the Bluetooth connection on for both calls and audio, but am unable to do so now. 

On 11/16/22, I received a patch update for the OS.  This update only SLIGHTLY fixed the issue, but barely.  Now I have to turn off my Bluetooth connection to Sync EVERYTIME I get into my vehicle to drive.  I have to turn it back on and reconnect to Sync.  However, I am still not hooked up to both audio and calling.  I'm hooked up to one or the other.  

Still, I can't be listening to music and get a call or try to make a call with the radio on. Bluetooth will either not pick up or pick up for 2 secs then move the call directly to my phone and I have to quickly turn on my phone speaker.  Sometimes it doesn't recognize an in coming call for a bit and my phone will ring until the Bluetooth connection notices it. 

I am a YEARS long Samsung user and have never had this issue with any phone I've owned.  Only now with the most recent OS update and its patch am I having problems.  I'm required to use Bluetooth to talk on the phone in a vehicle in my state and I can barely do that.  PLEASE figure something out because it's getting extremely frustrating.  

5 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I had issues with my update also. Only way I could fix it was with a factory reset. First time having issues with an update. 🤷
0 Likes
userDQ5jh0vvYU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Factory reset of the car's sync or the phone
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_XW8gM9n The Ford Sync system is very fragile and temperamental. We often have to reset the system a few times a year. If you haven't yet removed your Bluetooth pairings in the Sync system and reset the Sync system, I would suggest trying that as your next step. 

I did notice that the Sync system no longer shows battery level. I reported it to Samsung in the Beta but the Android 13 release still has the issue. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_XW8gM9n Yesterday I learned that Ford has an update to the Sync system which fixes compatibility with the latest Android Auto. I installed it in our car yesterday and now our phones are working properly with Ford Sync.

Checkout the thread https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Ford-Sync-and-Android-13/m-p/2436119#M45033 

0 Likes
userh9bEQIHopM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I was having the same issues (not connecting with my 13cescape to make calls, show battery life, etc) after the latest update. I aunpaired my sync and phone, but now they won't even pair,. I have never has an issue until this latest phone update.
0 Likes