JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No LHDC Support on S22 Ulta

(Topic created: 03-11-2022 04:16 AM)
userD6KyRwxD16
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Such a shame that s22 ultra doesn't has lhdc  Audio codec support as its a top mobile... many premium headphones uses that same please give it in a update 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
LHDC is quite uncommon, and requires licensing from the organization (Mostly from Huawei). Use LDAC instead.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22

LHDC is an open codec included in the Android code base. LHDC DOESN'T need any licensing form Huawei.

>LHDC stands for Low-latency High-Definition audio Codec and was released by the Hi-Res Wireless Audio (HWA) Union and Savitech

Not all wireless headphones support LDAC so it's silly to tell people to use it.

There's nothing stopping Samsung form including it.

Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

McBain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I received my preordered S22 Ultra yesterday and I am disappointed to see Samsung has refused to enable the LHDC support that's been baked into android since android 10. There are more and more wireless audio devices that utilize this codec and it's shameful of Samsung to not add support for it.

I've been searching for some method to give feedback or feature requests for future updates and haven't found anything. Is there any kind of feedback platform?

I have tested my LHDC devices and not only is the sound quality noticeably worse but the microphone quality for calls is dramatically worse than on my old phone with LHDC support.

Seems really stupid for a brand new flagship phone to be a downgrade for functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22

I completely agree. I understand that Samsung isn't adding all modern aptX codecs but LHDC is a codec baked directly into the Android source.

Samsung should listen to their customers. But it doesn't seem like there is any way to provide feedback. Quite shameful for a company of this caliber.

userOsDu4KDl8p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Exactly. Very disappointing and frustrating to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and then find that Samsung has deliberately stripped out LHDC, rendering my OnePlus Buds Pro now inferior.

Please bring this back in an update.