Original topic:

Not happy with the Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 01:19 PM)
Busa Boss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

It's apparent that you can't express your feelings or the truth on this forum or else they delete your comment. With that being said I will state this again. 

It is disgusting that Samsung is being this way. After sending out a software update and messing up the phone. They will not help fix. I have been through multiple phone calls and stores that tell me that the new update destroys the s22 ultra and that I have to pay for them to diagnose it and pay for the repair or pay for a new phone. With paying good money for a phone and having it a year and a half then it turns into a paperweight. Very disappointed. Samsung will not be receiving my vote for any product. Iphone here I come!!! 

Busa Boss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

As long as I'm connected to wifi, I have service but once I pull out of driveway I don't have service until I reach destination and connect to wifi. They have done a factory reset, changed SIM twice and then changed the SIM to eSIM but still no luck. Was not like that until the update. Samsung is aware of issues but won't take accountability and make it right. 

Omar86
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok so what I know is once you leave your wifi or disconnect your service provider needs to connect to it's mobile data. So it must not be samsung but who ever you have a data plan..... also if you have the settings for phone info you can mess with the radio settings of the phone like let it search for the nearest mobile spot every 5 sec to 20 or disable it to save battery life. Try to get an app that has activity services. I use activity launcher and I get a few extra settings I can custom to my like of my current phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

From what I've come to understand on here is that some S22s had faulty antennas (a fact that Samsung has never and will not acknowledge) and recent updates seem to have fried/disabled/otherwise impacted those antennas. This is why it works on wi-fi but not your cellular network.  It appears that people who have Verizon were mostly unaffected because the mwave antennas were not affected. So, sorry to say, you may never get cellular functionality back on that phone unless a repair shop can replace the antenna, but I don't know if that's possible.

0 Likes
JT25Tyn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here!
0 Likes
LoopADoop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Bros trippy, I got the Galaxy s22 ultra with the new update & nothing happened to my phone.
0 Likes
Busa Boss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Glad you haven't had an issue with yours and hopefully it remains that way. It's just unfortunate that some of us are having this issue. 

0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
This forum's main purpose is for someone who's having problems being able to ask for help solving the problem. That being said, what exactly is the issue you are having? Perhaps someone here might be able to help you with it.
0 Likes
ccothren8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue here!! Been without for weeks and samsung will not do anything to fix it! They want me to pay them for them to look at the phone? šŸ¤¦ā€:female_sign: and I keep getting "the new update will be released in August and it will fix all the bugs" blah blah blah! I'm so tired of this yet refuse to pay for a new phone when I only owe 300 mine! šŸ˜­
Blove24
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the s22 Ultra and it is working fine. Have it in burgundy color and it has 512GB of storage on it. Done had it for about 3 months I wanna say and I'm liking it
0 Likes
Krisann86
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same issue with my 1-1/2 year old S22 Ultra and have been round and round with my carrier, samsung, and a samsung servicer. It literally stopped working overnight and now I can only call/text/access internet if I'm on wifi. The only thing samsung offered was for me to trade in and upgrade. I've also been a loyal samsung customer and I do like their phones, but I may very likely switch to a competitor after this. Beyond frustrated!