JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications keep repeating

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 11:46 AM)
redcorvette88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Just purchased the S22+...got it all set up. But when i get text messages the notifications repeats and repeats. Ive turned off ALL reminders but nothing is working. Even when im responding to another text and a new text comes in the notification sound keeps going

Please help!!
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

These phones come with 2 messaging apps pre-installed.  It is possible that something is causing them to fight for dominance.  Do you know which one you are using?  the Samsung one has a blue word bubble with three dots arranged horizontally, where the Google/android one has a blue word bubble with 3 vertical lines.  I would recommend disabling the one you don't use, and see if the activity continues.  You can disable this app by going to:

Settings | Apps | Messages | Force Stop | Disable

View solution in context

2 Replies
Bikerbyrd6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you using the messaging app that came on the phone?
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

These phones come with 2 messaging apps pre-installed.  It is possible that something is causing them to fight for dominance.  Do you know which one you are using?  the Samsung one has a blue word bubble with three dots arranged horizontally, where the Google/android one has a blue word bubble with 3 vertical lines.  I would recommend disabling the one you don't use, and see if the activity continues.  You can disable this app by going to:

Settings | Apps | Messages | Force Stop | Disable