JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications not waking screen

(Topic created: 07-26-2022 11:31 PM)
Bluestevo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Anytime I get a notification it doesn't wake up the screen nor does the edge lighting come on at all(even when using the cell it doesn't come on). I'm using a S22 ultra updated to the latest software. ATT, not even a week old.. Any help would be appreciated ty! 
9 Replies
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Same. Only sometimes though. I think my issue is bcuz I use a 3rd party app as a notification light since I was so used to it. I could have swore there was a built in way to have a small ring of light circle around the selfie cam. But I can't find it. It's not there. I rarely use 3rd party apps but I need to see my notifications. I can't stand the "flash" flickering thing. They have the small light surrounding the selfie cam when you switch from front facing to back or vice versa. So it's obviously very easily done. We need that option 8n good lock or just in notification settings. Sorry I can't help but if you use an app that has control of your AOD it could be that..?
0 Likes
Bluestevo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Look up sideactions or bxactions the creator has made another app that does that around the front camera for notifications. Hope that helps y'all!! 🤩🤩
0 Likes
Bluestevo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
No I'm not using any 3rd party apps. 🙁
0 Likes
Woodieman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Notifications>go to bottom>flash notifications (in green lettering)
Not sure this will work for you but that's what I found
0 Likes
userwE6GwumjX4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm having the same issue, I just upgraded from my Galaxy S8+ to the S 22+. My old S8+ screen would always wake up when a text message came through. Even my A52 5G (which is running the same software as my S 22) and it wakes up the screen perfectly well.

What have you done Samsung to this great feature, which has been standard on pretty much all your phones until now? As I'm missing a lot of messages because of this and I don't want to use a third party app, I also don't like using the pop up edge lighting.

Can anybody help, can this be rectified in a future software update?

0 Likes
Bluestevo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Look up sideactions or bxactions the creator has made another app that does that around the front camera for notifications. Hope that helps y'all!! 🤩🤩
0 Likes
userwE6GwumjX4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks I appreciate your suggestion, I'm aware of those other apps, but I want Samsung to put this back in natively in their software. I shouldn't have to use a third party app for a basic feature that's been since the beginning, up until this model.

0 Likes
Solution
userwE6GwumjX4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

OK I figured something out, because I was having the same issue. It's the Google messaging app which is the problem, its the default messaging app and using this app, the screen will not wake up. But if you use the Samsung messaging app as the default, which comes with the phone,  your screen will wake up when notifications come in. Very strange.

So there must be some sort of setting with Google messages app not letting the screen wake up. 

I hope this helps, I know it's not ideal but it's a work around without installing any third party apps. I'm gonna keep digging around and see if I can find an answer, hopefully Samsung comes to the party.

Bluestevo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Seems the apps are interconnected and since they are Samsung apps they only work with each other and not Google's. And you are correct now that I think about it.
0 Likes