JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notifications stopped

(Topic created: 10-17-2022 06:05 AM)
Tosmart4U
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone has been extremely quiet and notifications stopped coming through.  I went through my settings and nothing seems to be turned off. I do not have "Do Not Disturb" on so this is not a factor.  Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? Thanks
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
So if you don't even get sms notifications, start the phone in safe mode and send yourself an sms. See if you get the notification. If yes, it means an app or setting is blocking it outside of safe mode. You can go from there to try and track down the issue.

View solution in context

9 Replies
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
swipe down from the top of the screen, then swipe down again, make sure that the sound mode is set to sound. And not vibrate or mute.

If that doesn't work, press either of the volume buttons, and then press the three dots at the top of the volume slider. You can adjust all the volume levels there. Like system, notifications, calls, and morem
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Notifications as in alert sounds or Notifications in the status bar? All apps or a certain app only? What's the most recent app you installed?
0 Likes
Tosmart4U
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Notifications in status bar. I'm not getting notifications, Ike emails especially.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

which email app are you using? can you go into the notification settings for that email app? 

settings > apps > email app > notifications 

make sure "allow sound and vibration" is selected instead of "deliver quietly"

check "notification categories" as well and make sure all is enabled

0 Likes
Tosmart4U
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
The email apps(all) I'm using all deliver quietly is not turned on and yet it still not pushing notifications.
0 Likes
JennyMorris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone quit showing notifications in status bar and on messages icon. Everything is on. Can't figure out why it stopped working
0 Likes
Solution
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
So if you don't even get sms notifications, start the phone in safe mode and send yourself an sms. See if you get the notification. If yes, it means an app or setting is blocking it outside of safe mode. You can go from there to try and track down the issue.
angiedh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How do you use safe mode??
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Here a copy paste from samsung website:

First, completely power off the phone or tablet.

Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.

If done correctly, "Safe mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe mode" does not appear, repeat the previous steps.

Once you're in Safe mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues.

Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started.

To exit Safe mode, simply restart your phone or tablet and it will reboot normally.

0 Likes