Original topic:

One UI 5.0 has a lot of bugs

(Topic created: 11-10-2022 09:20 AM)
useraziJyGLuOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The recent One UI 5.0 update on S22 Ultra for T-Mobile in the US has a lot of bugs. Each and every app that I use has some or the other issues. For example, while on a video call in Whatsapp, I'm not able to go to any other screen. Not even able to minimize the video call screen. The UI itself has become so buggy. The touch input at least few seconds to respond and in most of the cases only responds when I try to go back from the side of my screen or when I pull down the notification panel. 
23 Replies
RTech2018
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure if your a techie guy try to back up your files using smart switch then download the android 13 firmware and reflashh your phone using Odin. Sometimes when you update from Ota some issues or bugs occur (base on experience)so what I did is just reflash the firmware using Odin then all is well and good.

If you can't do that try to reinstall the apps that having issues. Goodluck and I hope you can fix your problem soon
useraziJyGLuOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for your suggestions. Will try to do that.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
after a major OS update, it's helpful to wipe your cache partition and repair apps from the recovery screen. you know how to do that?
useraziJyGLuOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Actually I don't know how to do that. Could you point me to a source?
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
power off your phone, then:
press the side key and the volume up key at the same time > release when the recovery screen appears > scroll down (using volume down key) to 'wipe cache partition' > use side key to select > choose 'yes' and wipe your partition.

after that, scroll down to 'repair apps' and select (using the same method)

your phone will reboot. see if that helps.
useraziJyGLuOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you very much. I will try it out.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
it's easy to do...find a YouTube video if it makes you feel more comfortable (sometimes the visual is helpful)
useraziJyGLuOM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sure. Visuals definitely help.
Members_zfcPzMg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

When i hold the volume up and side key i just get a blueish screen with some kind of characters that look like chinese writing possibly, and the only english words say something like "do you want to install a custom OS app, press volume up to install a custom OS app. Or press volume down to reset phone"

0 Likes