JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 6.1 has butchered swipe navigation bar

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 10:02 PM)
TorabisuDandois
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

The latest update is GROSS. With having the navigation bar set to Swipe Gestures, they moved the back button to the right-half of the screen. And to display all open apps, I have to swipe up and hold instead of just swiping up. The previous swipe gestures were PERFECT and they have just butchered it. No one asked for a change.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You can easily revert back to the 3 swipe gestures
Download Goodlock
Install the Navstar Module
Toggle on show extra gestures settings
Exit Goodlock
Open phone settings
Display
Navigation bar
Setup the old style gestures

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You can easily revert back to the 3 swipe gestures
Download Goodlock
Install the Navstar Module
Toggle on show extra gestures settings
Exit Goodlock
Open phone settings
Display
Navigation bar
Setup the old style gestures

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

loadedframes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This helped thanks!
0 Likes
Ello34
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
3rd party bs
iZeil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I was/am really frustrated by the change, but fortunate in that I've been using Goodlock for some of its QOL features for many devices anyway and happened to have it installed already.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me resolve this silly, consumer unfriendly, change.

0 Likes
loadedframes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
They really have, I hate this new gestures.
Jonkovatch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm in the US and I am region locked to using the Good Lock app. PLUS, I should not have to download a separate app to work my phone. It is RIDICULOUS that Samsung would do this. I even contacted support and the only thing they told me to do was to complain here...

MKlas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

They could have just added the new (apparently to "simplify the user experience") gestures as a third option.

Stupidest change ever; beeing forced to use 3rd party app to keep using the navigation style users used for years..

Imperial_corner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Why change them the way they did?! Add an extra feature, don't take away perfectly functional features at the same time.

Monica72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Good to know I'm not alone in my aggravation with this change. I have NO interest in downloading ANOTHER app in order to fix this terrible update. Guess I'll have to switch back to the button setup rather than being able to use the swipe gestures as previously designed.

#HateTheNewNavGestures😤

Developers: DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN!!!