Original topic:

Phantom Ringing

(Topic created: 08-15-2022 08:56 PM)
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone rings and there's no incoming call and no notifications from any apps. It's not even a tone that I use. Is anyone else having this issue? If so how did you fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm guessing it was some sort of glitch caused by a software update. Ever since the last Samsung update it has not happened but I'm still in wait and see mode until I can confirm that it has actually stopped doing it.

View solution in context

8 Replies
O4liberty
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
That's weird never had or heard of that try rebooting your device see if that works. I restart my device every night at 3 am and I never have any issues.
0 Likes
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I've rebooted it multiple times and my device is set to automatically restart every night at 3 and turn back on at 3:30
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I would recommend downloading nice catch from the galaxy store and turning on vibration history and screen wake up history to try and get more information about the app thats causing the issue.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Does it have to vibrate because it's strictly ringing with no vibrations. I still am downloading it just to see if it helps in resolving the issue
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Does it happen while your phone display is off? If so screen wake up history should find it
You could also try switching your device into vibration only if vibration history doesn't find it normally. It might force the app into using vibration.

Another option would be Samsung's Good Lock, inside of Good Lock you can use notistar to record your notification history. Even if it's only visible for a second it will log it. some apps can display a temporary notification that will dissappear.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock
0 Likes
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The best that I can do to show what my phone is doing is provide in this link. It's not my phone or my video obviously but while trying to find a resolution I came across this video from someone with a S21. The video is dated July 2nd, 2022 and this started happening to my phone mid to late July so the time frame is about the same and my phone is an S22 Ultra.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/video/gallerypage/video-id/6296121437001
Solution
Negus_Mawon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm guessing it was some sort of glitch caused by a software update. Ever since the last Samsung update it has not happened but I'm still in wait and see mode until I can confirm that it has actually stopped doing it.
user1fBxMM2Zac
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Nope, happened to me 3 times this week. Only way to make it stop is to power off my phone.