Original topic:

Phone calls hangs up quickly

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 08:24 AM)
Tinhnhan08
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

So for the last few weeks, I noticed when I try making a phone call it hangs up the phone call quickly. That’s when I noticed for the last couple hours that I have not been receiving any text message or phone calls. As far as, I can tell when I send out messages, it looked like it was received. For instant, if I text a person asking them if they needed anything and do not get a response I will try to call them. The phone will automatically hang up like it’s a call ending. The only way I can get it to call the person is if I  will restart my phone. I had this phone for a year now. It just started to act up. I don’t want to go throughout the day, not knowing if the phone is working or not. Or if someone is trying to call me and can’t get through. The software is up-to-date.  Basically at my wits end now. Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22

1. Go to settings, tap on it,
2. Tap on: about phone
3. Tap Status information
4. Tap Sim card status
Scroll through, and then check Mobile network state; it should read, connected, Check Service state; it should read, in Service, check the IMS registration status; it should read, registered, and you can check the ICCID number; it should match, your Sim card #. If you have checked and/or completed these steps, you need to call your cell phone provider from a different phone to troubleshoot your mobile connections issues.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Excellent suggestions!
Angela521
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I checked these settings and everything is correct as listed above but the mobile network state it shows it's not connected? Any advice of what I need to do now would be greatly appreciated. My provider keeps telling me everything is set correctly. I've reset my network and so has the carrier. I'm going to be totally honest though the reps I have spoke to I don't think they know anymore than I do. You are the only person that has said check this, so now I know my mobile network state is not connected. Any additional information to fix this would be greatly appreciated since my carrier is of no help.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
What Samsung Model phone do you have? Have you tried contacting your Service Provider about the issue? This sounds like you may be having an issue with your Sim Card. Have you tried reseating your Sim Card? Did you recently change your Service Provider?

I understand how frustrating it is to not have your device work the way it's intened. I ask these questions because you should try them.
Tinhnhan08
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for the reply it the ultra 22. I did contact  my service provider and they had said it was the phone itself. I might have to see if I can get a replacement on the SIM card. Same provider. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
@Tinhnhan08 Oh no! Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone! Another suggestion that you can try is to Clear Network Settings.

Although this suggestion is time consuming. I'd try performing a factory reset of the phone. As this solution is not the most enticing. It is likely that your provider will or themselves when you seek support. That they will want to try this first among the other troubleshooting steps. Prior to making the decision to replace your phone

Keep in mind that without the Service Provider Protection Plan, and other possibilities. They May not replace the phone for free. Just sayin'! If you have the time now. Perform a data back and try factory restoring it. Good luck!
Angela521
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same exact problem, my carrier has been no help. I purchased a new unlocked S22 Ultra and have cricket service. I can't make, receive or access my vmail. When I dial the call basically ends before it even starts, I was able to receive some calls as long as on wifi but now can't do that either. I am getting text. Same about ready to crush this phone. I was on the phone with my carrier for 2 hours last night and they hung up on me because they can't fix the problem. I have done a factory and network reset more than once, 2 days ago, went to cricket and got a new sim card. After several hours of researching and checking every setting this is what I found so you might want to check as well. Go to your phone icon then settings, scroll down to supplementary services, call forwarding and see if your calls are being forwarded to another number all mine are it's a Houston TX # I did not set up and I can not disable it. I've used the gms codes, I've tried to remove and update, put my phone number in update it will not disable. I'm at a loss . Any advice would be helpful. But please check this and me know if your calls are being forwarded as well. Oh my carrier tried to say it is the phone, but this has to be a carrier problem. I'm not sure who your carrier is but if you Google cricket service and calls being forwarded this same Houston TX number is all over the place so they have to know this is happening. Infuriating and I have no idea what else to do my phone is basically useless. Oh all my software is up to date as well. Hopefully somebody can help please.
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
For those who are having trouble with things like calls and texts, know that these services are offered by your service provider (Verizon, t-mobile, att or boost and all the companies under them) I work for a Boost and I'm always bugging dealer support when things like that happen. The phones are perfectly fine, it's just either a faulty Sim or connection
0 Likes
Tinhnhan08
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes , I have Verizon and talk to their customers service department and will receive another SIM card later on the week and hopefully that was the problem. Will update.

0 Likes