Original topic:

Phone cannot hang up

(Topic created: 06-01-2022 07:23 PM)
usery2BX0WcJsf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I just bought an S22 Ultra.  The old way of hanging up a call AFTER leaving the dialing keypad by swiping down from the top of the screen no longer works. I have been compelled to go into phone settings and to set the phone app to close with the side key.  Otherwise, the phone app does NOT allow me to hang up the phone unless I can retrieve the phone app from RECENTS.  Clicking on CLOSE ALL (apps) gets rid of the only other way to end the call UNLESS the side key is enabled to end calls. Talk about toll call charges... 😳

2 Replies
userd0UPimhQSz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Same issue, phone doesnt hang up and has issues answering a call. This problem has persisted for a month+ and it still hasn't been resolved. this should be a priority to fix the phone app for a phone

userpme6IHZB6q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same/similar problem on my S22. I get a black flashing screen when I try to hang up from a phone call. I can't swipe down on the top of the screen to access the call again, I just get another black flash over my screen and have to wait for the other person to hang up. I also just changed my settings to hang up using a side button, though suspect I'll accidentally hang up on people with that. That isn't a real fix. Samsung needs to send out an update to fix this issue or recall cell phones that have it.

0 Likes