JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone still rings after answering

(Topic created: 02-11-2023 12:12 AM)
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
So I have noticed the last week or so . When I answer my phone or even make a call when the other person answers , you can still hear the phone ringing in the background. 

As you can tell this is horid , and it seems the other party can hear it ringing after answering . 

I am using stock samsung phone caller app. Have cleared data and cache , phone is fully up to date. I am at a loss . I even hit clear network settings . 

My mobile network is set correctly and apn info

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

*UPDATE*

It appears these symptoms were resolved by a software update. If you're still having these symptoms appearing, please reach out to a moderator directly to discuss and troubleshoot further. Thank you everyone!

Hello, There.

Thank you so much for posting this. Samsung is looking into this situation further and would like to gather additional details and logs from the device to determine why this could be occurring. We would ask that anyone experiencing these symptoms submit an error report. In the details include the following hashtag:  #SCommunity

Also, we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and make sure to keep your devices up to date with the latest software!

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

Note: We are marking this response as the accepted solution to float it to the top of this topic. The thread will remain open for communications.

View solution in context

41 Replies
Enter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The only one who would know how to adjust settings making needed corrections is the one hearing the unusual sound!
0 Likes
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Both me ( caller and the recipient ) hear it continue to ring . I think this may be a google fi issue. I am going to reach out to them and see.

I just wanted to see if I was the only one experiencing this issue and whay network provider was used. That would tie it down to a device issue / setting or the network provider .

0 Likes
Enter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
If best method to address issue with your phone is decided to be Google, I recommend reaching out to Google!
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
After reading your related topics. I realized I had a 2nd issue with it not hanging up. On top of the ringing issue. Well I will clear the data and cache of the samsung phone app.

Oh well my new s23 ultra just shipped. Will be here Monday. So hopefully the issue won't persist.

Thank you Enter1. For your help.
Boattrash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It dose it on the s23 ultra also... I have been experiencing this same thing after the last update
0 Likes
Enter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Refer to previous related posts of related issue
0 Likes
Enter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Recommendation: Call Samsung Tech Support
loadsoffun
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the best information cause if I come to this cross road after reading this I will no what to do so thank u so much again.
0 Likes
Harleygirl16
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This happens to me on my new S22+ phone. What can I do to fix it??
0 Likes