JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pictures are coming out purple on my main camera

(Topic created: 02-26-2022 06:11 AM)
lilrafeal09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I cant post video here but i have a problem on ny main camera, as you see here my camera keep going purple, i have a feeling its the auto adjust to light sensor on the camera but it keeps showing this purple filter and i heard no one complain about this yet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. If it still does this while in safe mode, I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

View solution in context

13 Replies
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you possibly using Pro mode and I have messed with some of the professional settings
0 Likes
lilrafeal09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No just default photo mode
0 Likes
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmm I'd have to say then try voting t to safe mode. Since if you have that same issue w with the camera while in safe mode try a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it you should probably ask for a replacement because at that point it's probably a faulty camera sensor
0 Likes
lilrafeal09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@lilrafeal09 could you have a filter applied by chance? To check:

1. Open the Camera
  2. Is the Magic wand in upper right white? if not there is a filter applied. 
  3. Turn turn the filter off, click the magic wand.
  4. Click whichever word is yellow (Filters, My filters, or Face). 
  5. For Filters and My filters check the left most item, which is "Original". 
  6. For Face, click the ON button to turn it off. 

You could also try resetting the camera settings. Camera -> Gear -> Reset settings

lilrafeal09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No filtered applied cause the purple comes and goes as it adjusting to light i have a video but cant post it here its really severe
0 Likes
Carlex314
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
What phone do you have and is this only on video or photos too?
0 Likes
lilrafeal09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The s22 ultra, yes photo and video using the front cameras only does not happen on selfie camera
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
purple tinting might be a sign of a bad sensor if you have already verified no filters are applied. You can also try resetting the camera settings. purple tint reminds me of the camera failure nightmare I had on HTC One phones way back 😭

Camera> Settings > Reset settings
0 Likes