Original topic:

Pictures are disappearing from Gallery?

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 07:54 AM)
azcerteng
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

What is the difference between pictures and images, if I delete in one does it delete in both? If I delete in either does it effect my galaxy app? I have been losing pictures. Can I turn off One Drive?

6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
A bit confused by the post.

Technically, images and pictures (or photos) are the same, so not sure what you're referring to.

Are you referring to a label some app is using / showing ?

In the Gallery app, it has tabs for Pictures, Albums, Stories.

Personally, we don't use OneDrive... we use our Google accounts ... and yes, using it, if we delete a photo while in Google Photos (and the photo is linked to a photo on the phone), the photo is also deleted on the phone

Maybe OneDrive works the same.
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Felt like I was reading a riddle from The Riddler.
azcerteng
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry for the riddle, but, somehow I was losing pictures in the gallery app, which I was trying to use exclusively, with no apparent reason, not losing entire albums but pictures in the albums disappearing and not to be found anywhere, I was not using the cloud for picture backup, never added the Google photo app.
On the phone the images and pictures apps duplicated the individual pictures, but my question why have those two, what is the difference. It seemed that when I deleted a picture in either of the two it would delete that picture in the album in the Gallery app. If I confusing everyone, I'm the most confused.
What I did today is moved all my albums in the phone Gallery to the Gallery in the secure folder. I took a few pictures and moved them to the secure folder, hopefully this will stop the picture bleeding.
But, I would love to find out what I was doing wrong, if the images and pictures are the same, why have two.
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
In addition,you should really backup to an outside source/device til you figure this out. I also heard of people having nightmare issues with the Secure Folder...like forgetting the login info for the folder. I think when you move pics to the secure folder it moves it instead of copying.
Also try to remember what the moat few recently installed apps are...maybe a culprit there. But for sure, again do a backup of your photos before you do any more moving them around.
0 Likes
azcerteng
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I backup to an external drive off my laptop. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into the goggle drive.
0 Likes
azcerteng
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks everyone, will follow recommendations.
0 Likes