Original topic:

Please NO Bloatware

(Topic created: 04-16-2022 01:25 AM)
user32HXlxWpFe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Is there anyway I can pay extra to get a phone without all the Samsung extra stuff? I've spent hours having to shut off privacy invading pre-installed apps, telling the to use Google SMS, Google Photos, Google Contact, Google Gmail - instead of their pre-installed stuff that wants to make me create a Samsung account. I just bought a Galaxy S22 Ultra and am boarder line regretting it. I miss the ease of my Pixel.

And WHY am I being asked AGAIN if I'm sure I want to edit or delete a photo?!?

Every time I want to edit or delete a photo, after I've told Google Photos to commit the change, I'm asked AGAIN by the Samsung OS if I want to make the change or delete. 

This is annoying as **bleep** and needs a fix.

7 Replies
Tom6068
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you have a Samsung account active on your device?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Generally, they want to pull you in the galaxy ecosystem, starts with just an account, then you get your use the gallery, (which isn't all that bad) then you want to full use phone for music, thus galaxy buds for a better listening experience than with the pixel buds.
Solution
Put all Samsung apps in one folder and never open folder, if system asks, open file with what app, select the one you want and then press ALWAYS.

Otherwise, Samsung apps aren't all that bad because some can't survive without your Google drive for backing up somethings will be there from the Google side.
0 Likes
userBNrzitPeKO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are concerned about privacy invasion you should minimize the use of Google apps. Luckily samsung has been better this year and they let you remove some pre-installed apps like Facebook but you still can't delete every Google app unfortunately
Options
Galaxy S22
I completely agree! But then again if you want privacy...DON'T USE ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES. Everything sucks your information be it your car, computer, phone, TV and now even tools.

Pixel devices are STOCK GOOGLE operating systems. Whether you buy Samsung, Xoami, or whomever you buy THEIR BRANDED SKIN.

Buy an unlocked device to minimize bloatware. You're still going to have to either disable or uninstall applications anyhoo.

Here's a tip, go through EVERY single app every time you purchase a new device and YOU determine how that app is allowed to function ON YOUR DEVICE. NOT THE MANUFACTURER.

Go into the "privacy" header in settings and shut-off every single information sucking "feature" you can. Then go into your web browser/s and to the same thing. There is a browser it there call "Tor" browser which is THE MOST SECURE browser available to common people like us.

They also have a few other apps that protect the privacy of your device also. Funny thing, I don't use them anymore cuz i decided to stay away from these addicting necessities as much as possible.

I was born long before microwaves were available so I decided to go back to using the basics as much as possible. To much ç®@¶ out there looking to destroy the humble users of the world. Actually it's been quite refreshing and I'm glad I decided there's to much tech in the world for me!

I should've done it a long time ago.
userBNrzitPeKO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep I made going through privacy settings for every app I use regularly a habit. And sometimes even if I disable the tracking it magically turns itself on
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep that Samsung "Visit-In" is a real pesky little bugger!
DJDoubleU
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
My issue isn't the Samsung apps. It's the forced Netflix and Facebook BS... Like WHY!?!?!?!?