I understand your frustration with the updates on your Samsung S22 that are changing your personal settings. It can be very annoying to have to keep resetting your preferences every time there's an update.
There are a few reasons why this might be happening:
- Bugs: Software updates can sometimes introduce new bugs, including ones that affect personal settings.
- New features: Updates may also include new features that require changes to existing settings. For example, a new theme may not be compatible with your current font settings.
- Security: Updates may also include security patches that require changes to settings to improve security.
Samsung is aware of this issue and is working on ways to minimize the impact of updates on personal settings. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to reduce the inconvenience:
- Back up your settings: Before installing an update, back up your settings so that you can easily restore them if needed. You can do this using Samsung Cloud or a third-party backup app.
- Review your settings after an update: After installing an update, take some time to review your settings and make any necessary changes.
- Report bugs to Samsung: If you notice that your settings are being changed after an update, report the bug to Samsung so that they can investigate and fix it.
Here are some specific tips for the issues you mentioned:
- Font color and size on home screen: If you're using a paid font, try changing the font size and color in the Samsung Themes app. If that doesn't work, you may need to contact the developer of the font for support.
- Theme in messaging app: The messaging app theme is not currently customizable. However, Samsung has said that they are working on making this possible in future updates.
I hope this information is helpful.
You own the hardware. Samsung owns the software. Your carrier own the network.