JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera quality, video 8K and UHD60 s22 ultra

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 08:42 AM)
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey guys is just me or everyone has same problem with the camera quality, video 8k and UHD60

Seem like UHD60 has better quality on my device. And 8k24 less quality, please do some screenshot to compare 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Well that's cause all 4 rear lenses on the phone can record in 4k 60fps whereas the 8k mode can only record with the main 108mp lense. So when you zoom in on the 4k mode you are actually using the telephoto lenses whereas the zoom on 8K is all digital zoom cause it's locked to the main 108mp lense
So from what I can see of the amount of zoom you have on the 4k mode, the phone is actually using the 10× periscope lense which is why it has better clarity then the 8k which as I said uses the main lense which has no optical zoom at all so it's all digital zoom which is basically just cropping into the image

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in context

8 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
In my experience, the 8K24 works best in bright sunlight. Without a good light source, it just does not have the capability of producing a quality image.
0 Likes
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Agree as I see, but il try in bright sunlight, i think that's not normal, let's comare 8k24 sa.sung with other 8k24 camera , you will se the difference .
Anyway I see not only me has this painful 💔 (broken-hearted)
Screenshot_20220415-101504_Samsung Internet_21001_1650039304.png
0 Likes
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Here are 2 more screenshot from 8k and UHD60.
The best quality is UHD60 (yes its low bright but the quality is just amazing)
8k24 more bright but it's a mess.
More pixels in UHD60
Less pixels on 8k24.
I know what you think, resolution 8k and resolution 4k .
I know , but my eyes don't lie20220415_102510_resized_21013_1650039910.jpg20220415_102445_resized_21014_1650039884.jpg
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The 4K is definitely better than 8K. I would assume it is because the phone can process the 4K better allowing for better quality in low light and better stabilization. One guess I have is that 8K probably puts a quite a strain on the device so it would make sense why they lock it to 24fps. I personally prefer the 4K, file sizes are smaller, it supports HDR10+ and you can use all the lenses. However 8K definitely could come in handy
0 Likes
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't understand the purpose for the 8k....
It's like you have a boat but you can't put on the water
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Submit an error report after replicating the issue if you think it's a software issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't think its an issue.
0 Likes
Solution
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Well that's cause all 4 rear lenses on the phone can record in 4k 60fps whereas the 8k mode can only record with the main 108mp lense. So when you zoom in on the 4k mode you are actually using the telephoto lenses whereas the zoom on 8K is all digital zoom cause it's locked to the main 108mp lense
So from what I can see of the amount of zoom you have on the 4k mode, the phone is actually using the 10× periscope lense which is why it has better clarity then the 8k which as I said uses the main lense which has no optical zoom at all so it's all digital zoom which is basically just cropping into the image

Hope this helps 🙂