Original topic:

Question about the S22.

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 03:26 AM)
vistakril
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey all, is the Samsung Galaxy S22 as bad as people say it is? I've seen talk about batteries draining quick, HDR issues, and more, but wanted to hear your take on it. Thanks!

8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had my S22U almost 2 years and it's a magnificent phone.
Jdad2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The battery on mine is fine, and haven't had any other issues. S22 Ultra
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
@vistakril

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community! Thank you for your question regarding the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Phones. The Samsung Galaxy S22 Series of Premium Flagship phones were introduced in 2022.

The S22 Series Phones are beloved by many users all over the world. They are very capable and loaded with so many features. Even in 2023 they can hold their own even against the latest Samsung Galaxy S23 Series introduced in 2023.

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Series has a lot of life left in it. It will continue to be supported for many years to come. Personally I love my Samsung Galaxy S22+. Best Samsung Galaxy Series Phone I've ever owned. After a year of usage moving from the Samsung Galaxy S10. Which I thoroughly did enjoy.

I've come to to really enjoy the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series of phones. It has served me well. It will continue to serve not only me. But the next owner. I baby my phone and take excellent care of it to ensure it's best operation. The next owner will be very happy to own it.

When it's time for me to upgrade next year. It looks like I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S24 Series then. I hope that I have been helpful and if you decide to get the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series. You will find having this series to be very rewarding and it will serve you well.

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S22

Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Product Website:

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s22/

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding the Samsung Galaxy S22 Series. Thank you!
MikeHunt69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
22 series is great. Oneui 6 is trash.
0 Likes
h4p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I love mine though the recent update **bleep** up phone so I downloaded Google phone as I know they will fix it eventually
0 Likes
h4p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I didn't say anything worthy of a bleep
0 Likes
OblivionThrone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had my S22 Ultra for two years already, and the only issue i have experienced is after ( I work it to death, 12+ hours a day) is it gets warm if I use the camera for over 40 mins straight. And with all the functionality it has before any modifications, it's still my choice. The new update hasn't served me a single problem yet. Users should learn what the functions on their phones do. Take time to love your Samsung!
userWeCZQHQ23h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I've had the Samsung S22 for about 2 years now.  The phone is good, but yes, the battery life shortens really quickly.  I'd say my battery has a life of about 70% from when I 1st bought it new.

As the phone has aged, it does get much warmer than it was when I 1st bought it.  Its responsiveness in apps and typing has also degraded a bit.

The UI 6 update that came out for it a few days ago broke Bluetooth connections to cars and makes WiFi connections unstable.  That isn't the phone's issue, but Samsung's updates.

0 Likes