JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS chat & Video calling for unlocked phones

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 10:05 PM)
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Did they remove rcs chat and video calling for unlocked phones if so does anyone know any work arounds or if they will add it eventually

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone works perfectly fine, Make sure that you open the Google meets application and verify your phone number correctly, also to utilize Rcs chat services you will need to install Google messages on your phone and then follow the steps to verify your phone number to enable the Rcs chat services, it also recommend you install the Google carrier services application which contains the carrier information for Rcs chat services

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
My phone works perfectly fine, Make sure that you open the Google meets application and verify your phone number correctly, also to utilize Rcs chat services you will need to install Google messages on your phone and then follow the steps to verify your phone number to enable the Rcs chat services, it also recommend you install the Google carrier services application which contains the carrier information for Rcs chat services
0 Likes
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
But I prefer to use samsung rcs because that's what my family prefers is it only for carrier locked devices
0 Likes
Stencilbuf2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am confused ... my daughter and I both have unlocked samsung phones, we have tmobile.  We were able to use samsung message app with rcs.  I recently purchased an s22plus, I no longer have the option on the samsung message app to have rcs, only if you use the Google message app, my daughter is still able to use rcs with the other people who have unlocked phones....

Mike079
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Download Google messages
Options
Galaxy S22

hello which carrier are you using? 

0 Likes
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm using verizon I contacted them and they said they can't do anything with on unlocked phones
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22 ultra unlocked phone that is using Verizon Wireless as my carrier, To get the Google RCS chat services to work download the Google carrier services application and then Google messages from the Google play store and if you still can't get chat services to work make sure that you verify your phone number correctly with Google
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah google messages works but I'm trying to use samsung messages they offer rcs ability within the samsung messages platform but everything I keep seeing is for locked carrier phones
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Unfortunately, the Samsung messages application doesn't work well with RCS chat services at the moment
0 Likes