JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS chat & Video calling for unlocked phones

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 10:05 PM)
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Did they remove rcs chat and video calling for unlocked phones if so does anyone know any work arounds or if they will add it eventually

JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh dang it worked perfectly fine on my a71 so I was curious why all of the sudden it stopped
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I am not sure why the Samsung messages application has problems with the Google RCS chat! When Samsung released the s22 ultra it was the first phone that had Google messages as the Default messaging app, Please note that the Google messages application has built-in support for texting across Galaxy devices
0 Likes
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah but when I used samsung messages I had send and read receipts I could see when people were typing and such
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Google messages has the same features plus added support for iPhone reactions to messages and it allows you to use e2ee encrypted chat messages with someone
0 Likes
docwh010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I know I just preferred what I was use too but I'm hoping for support in the future
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I am assuming that Samsung will fix the messages application to allow for full support for RCS chat services and the features that it has built-in
0 Likes
BKyler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

My husband and I both have S22+ through AT&T and RCS chat messaging works on his but not on mine.  All our settings are the same.  His end to end encryption status is on and mine says off.  I've uninstalled an reinstalled, restarted, etc. several times and it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions.  

0 Likes